If you want to make some adjustments to your home to help you stay independent and age in your community, a stair lift can be a very useful household addition. Limited mobility can often prevent seniors from getting around as easily as they would like, and a stair lift will help you move between floors without risking a fall.
While these handy inventions will surely make your life easier, it’s not always easy deciding which brand to choose!
Pinnacle is one of the better-rated ranges of lifts on the market. They are manufactured by Harmar, a Sarasota-based company that sells stair lifts on 6 continents.
The Pinnacle range consists of 5 straight stair lifts with different features to suit your needs and preferences. A straight stair lift moves up and down a straight staircase, with no curves or turns.
Pinnacle Stair Lifts – Product Overview
Pinnacle stair lifts come in 5 different styles – standard, AC-operated, compact, heavy-duty and outdoors.
- The Pinnacle SL300 is Harmar’s standard and most affordable stair lift. It runs on a rechargeable battery, and can make up to 40 trips without needing a recharge. It has a weight capacity of 300lbs.
- The Pinnacle SL350AC runs on a household AC system of 115V. It has constant-pressure functionality that stops the lift immediately if the control is released.
- The Pinnacle SL600 is a compact straight stair lift that folds up neatly against the wall to a mere 10.5” width. If you have a very narrow staircase, or a family home with heavy staircase “traffic”, this is the one for you.
- The Pinnacle SL600HD can carry up to 600lb of weight, which makes it an industry leader in heavy-duty stair lifts. It also has a swivel seat for easy and safe on and off movements.
- The Pinnacle SL350OD is designed to withstand the outdoor elements. It’s a great addition to homes with steep driveways, porches and private jetties. The lift is upholstered in marine-grade vinyl. It comes with a header cover, internal chassis cover and weatherproof cover included.
Pinnacle Stair Lifts – Features
Pinnacle stairlifts have many safety features, plus some innovative extras that make them one of the world’s most sought-after brands.
- The stair lifts operate with a patented helical worm gear drive system. This makes the lift operation very smooth and quiet.
- The over-sized worm gear gives the system greater stability.
- The symmetrical design of the lifts allows them to be highly compact, and fold away neatly.
- The lift seats swivel at the upper landing, so you can get on and off while facing safely away from the staircase.
- Standard safety sensors in the footrest, and optional sensors in the chassis, will bring the lift to a stop if there is an obstruction on the stairs.
- Pinnacle stairlifts have rocker controls that work with constant-pressure functionality – this stops the lift immediately if the control is released.
- The extruded aluminum track comes in custom lengths (for the SL350OD and SL350AC models). An extruded track allows you to get on and off the lift away from the stairs.
- There is no grease or lubrication required for the nylon polymer gear rack, which makes it low maintenance and easy to clean (for the SL300, SL600, and SL600AD models).
Pinnacle Stair Lifts Price
Pinnacle stair lift costs vary, depending on the type of lift you choose. Pinnacle lifts are sold through a number of dealers throughout the country, so this can also mean some fluctuations in the price depending on the dealer.
The average cost of a straight stair lift in the US runs between $2,000 and $5,000. Although it’s difficult to find Pinnacle stair lift prices online, the examples we have found are right in the middle of this range. You can find used or reconditioned lifts for sale as well, but bear in mind that you could run into some warranty issues with a lift that isn’t brand new.
What Else Should You Know About Pinnacle Stair Lifts?
Before you make the decision to install a stair lift in your home, there are a few things to consider beyond the basic type and features of the lift. Here are some questions you should bring up with your dealer.
How do I make sure the stair lift will fit my staircase?
You should make sure an authorized representative for Pinnacle stairlifts surveys and measures the staircase in your home.
Some companies allow you to measure and install your own lift, but unless you’re very handy around the house, this probably isn’t the best option.
The home assessment should also gather information about your size and mobility levels, to give you the best advice.
Can I get help to pay for a stair lift?
Stair lifts are not currently covered by Medicare at this time. However, some states have programs to help people pay for assistive technology. Veterans can check to see if they qualify for VA assistance to help pay for a stair lift, especially if one is needed to accommodate a disability with a referral from a VA provider. Some stair lift companies offer financing terms so you can pay off your installation over time.
How do I know my Pinnacle stair lift is safe to use?
Pinnacle stairlifts are made by Harmar, a highly reputable brand. Make sure you understand exactly how to use the stair lift, and use it only as directed. If you feel a loved one has some cognitive issues, it’s best to supervise their use of the lift if possible.
Pinnacle stairlifts have sensors to keep the lift from moving until you’re safely fastened in the chair. A brand-new stair lift is likely to be more reliable than a refurbished model.
Harmar is a US-based company with an extensive countrywide service network, so your Pinnacle lift installation should be very fast and efficient. It should also be easy to get repairs and maintenance for your lift.
Harmar is one of the highest-rated brands of senior mobility aids worldwide, and their Pinnacle lifts don’t skimp on safety or convenience features. Pinnacle stair lift costs are around the middle of the range, therefore not too prohibitive. With its great features, price, and stellar reputation, you can’t really go wrong if you choose a Pinnacle lift.